22/01/2007

My Special K Diet - Day 1

Well my New Year's resolution of eating healthy hasn't really gone with a bang yet. I'm so good at work but at home it's a disaster zone! We have so many chocolates and biscuits left over from Christmas that I can't bring myself to throw out. But instead of ignoring them, Derek and I are eating them!!! :o( It's so bad!

So I decided to bite the bullet (rather than the choccies) and just go for it... start a diet. But where to start? As we wandered up and down the aisles at our local Tesco, I spotted the ad on Kellogg's Special K. They were promoting their drop-a-dress-size healthy eating plan PLUS the cereal was on special offer! So I bought a box of original and a box of chocolate/strawberry. Wondering how cereal containing chocolate can be as little as 3% fat? There are like 2 chocolate flakes per box lol.

The plan:
  • Breakfast ~ 1 bowl of Special K
  • Lunch ~ 1 bowl of Special K
  • Dinner ~ A healthy meal not made from Special K lol
  • Snacks ~ You're still allowed them as long as they're cereal bars or fruit
  • Drinks ~ Water

So ok I'm on Day 1 but so far so good lol. I had a yoghurt and small bunch of grapes for breakfast (which I know isn't Special K but is still super healthy and super yummy!) and I just finished a bowl of Special K for lunch. In case I'm starving by 5pm I brought an apple and another yoghurt with me so I have no reason for popping to Starbucks! :oP

I wonder how day 2 will go.....

No comments: