19/01/2007

Eating Out in the January Sales

Ok so I'm taking saving money in the January Sales to a whole new level tonight! Derek, my friend Louise and I are eating out at this lovely Italian restaurant in town called Di Maggio's. Anyway, the point of this post is that we're getting a starter and main course (pizza or pasta) for 10 pounds! That's pretty good considering the menu is usually around 15 pounds! Ok ok ok I'm easily bought lol. But it was actually advertised in the January Sales! How bizarre!

I was actually going to post this before we went out but decided to wait until I got home.

The meal was great!! I was meeting Louise straight from work and had some time to spare so I hit the shops. I shouldn't have 'cos one of my resolutions was not to but non-essentials, but I justified to myself that PJ's and underwear are essentials. :o) Only spent money in La Senza. I bought 2 pairs of cute shorts n vest jammies and a matching bra and shorts undies set. 'Nuff said lol.
Anyway, met Louise at the bus station and of course by now it's raining. Typical! The shops are closing so we seek refuge in Starbucks before meeting Derek at Di Maggio's. The food was great! I had mussels to start (yum!) and then a sausage gnocchi dish. No room for dessert so we walked in the pouring rain up to the Counting House bar. And that's where the photo from today was taken. :o)

So ok my not spending money thing ain't going so well, but my increased social life one is! A happy balance I think you'll agree! :o)

No comments: